Get Started with Stonebridge Tax Solutions
Start working with Stonebridge Tax Solutions today! Our process begins with an initial consultation to learn about your tax issues, answer any questions, and determine a course of action that makes sense and makes your life easier.
How Do I Get Information Too You?
You can send us your source tax documentation a few ways:
Give us your source tax documents during our scheduled meeting.
Upload your tax documents directly to our client portal.
We highly recommend our portal for all confidential documents and will send you an email with instructions on how to use it. Starting in January 1, 2019, we will only except source tax documents through the portal.
Mail your tax documents to our office.
When we receive your tax documents, we will send a confirmation email.
What Information Do You Need to Provide?
- A signed engagement letter.
- Disclosure of Foreign Assets.
- A completed Organizer Document. (This will help you organize your financial information.)
- Your last three years of tax returns.
- Your source tax documents. (W-2’s, 1099’s, 1098-T, etc.)
For Business Returns:
- Profit and Loss Statement (P&L) and Balance Sheet.
- Sometimes a copy of your QuickBooks files is also required.
- For a partnership return, we'll need a copy of the partnership’s agreement form.
How Long Does It Take to Finish My Tax Return?
- We process returns as fast as possible. Our normal processing time is 2-3 weeks once we have all the tax documentation.
- When we start to process your tax return, we will have questions. In fact, any good tax preparer should have questions about your tax return. We will follow up with you on email or telephone.
- Once the tax return is done, a copy will be uploaded to your secure client portal or mailed (with all your original tax documents) back to you for your review. If you have any questions, we can either talk on the phone or with Skype, or you can send an email. Once you are satisfied with your return, we will need a signed Form 8879 and any other authorization forms to e-file your tax return.
- You can pay fees by check or PayPal. Your tax return will not be filed until all authorization forms have been signed and payment for tax services has been received.
(We require a $250 retainer of the estimated total from all new clients)